New 35 SSI viscosity modifier – PARATONE® 8935E & PARATONE® 35EX
Chevron Oronite and A S Harrison & Co introduce the next iteration of the market-leading PARATONE® Olefin Copolymer (OCP) viscosity modifier technology; PARATONE® 8935E and PARATONE® 35EX. Chevron Oronite’s PARATONE® technology is globally recognised for providing top-tier automotive engine oil performance.
Building on the ‘Enhanced’ platform first introduced in PARATONE® 8065E, the new PARATONE® 8935E polymer improves on the existing PARATONE® 8910 polymer chemistry to provide enhanced performance for 35 SSI applications.
Using PARATONE® 8935E and Group II base oils, PARATONE® 35EX is the new globally available 35 SSI OCP liquid concentrate formulated to deliver enhanced performance for API SN Plus, ILSAC GF-5 and dexos1: Gen 2 applications.
PARATONE® 35EX Benefits
- LSPI Compatible
- SN Plus, ILSAC GF-5, GM dexos1: Gen 2 approved
- Drop in replacement for PARATONE® 8083 with roll-over licensability
- Pour point depressant flexibility
- Enhanced low-temperature properties passing stringent China GB spec (pour point first-time pass)
- Minimises deposit formation – Optimised polymer treat rates through improved thickening efficiency meaning less polymer in finished formulations
- Excellent long-term shear stability for extended drain applications
PARATONE® 35EX will be manufactured globally at Chevron Oronite’s industry-leading production facilities in the USA, France and Singapore.
Now available for purchase
PARATONE® 35EX is available in bulk and drum quantities.
PARATONE® 8935E is available in pellet form for easy dissolution in 25kg dissolvable bags.
For more information please contact us.