A S Harrison & Co knows that managing the environmental impacts of our operations is important, not just for us, but for our customers as well.
We are proud to announce we have successfully achieved certification for ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS) on 3 January 2017.
A S Harrison & Co is one of the first distributors in Australia to gain the EMS accreditation and by doing so you can feel confident dealing with us knowing that we are doing our best to identify, manage, monitor and control our environmental risks in a comprehensive fashion.
Benefits of an Environmental Management System are:
- Manage compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements
- Increase leadership involvement and engagement of employees in the management of environmental risks
- Improve strategic communication with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers and service providers by integrating them into the organisation’s business systems